Sunday, September 15, 2013

Modern Day Cowboy

People always ask me why I chose to study business. It strikes them funny that someone who watches Girls and keeps up religiously with men’s fashion trends would pursue the depressing and saturated white-collar agenda. They always assume that since I’ve got a more approachable and mellow personality that I would flourish in the arts or something more liberal. Whenever the question comes up, the best and most honest answer I can give is, “Ummm…I’m good at math.”

It’s true; I’m a closet-case nerd. Math was always my strongest field. Even in high school I was enrolled in honors math classes while my peers opted for Statistics or Theatre Arts. Now, as a business student, my most favorite classes are my math related ones. I know you hardly hear this (especially from a creative type), but I love numbers. All equations put aside, my all-time favorite sub-mathematical concept is geometry. So naturally my favorite kind of art is geometric abstraction.

Now, let’s digress about my unhealthy enthusiasm with math, numbers and geometry. Let’s talk fashion. When I was shopping with Sam, we found this geometric printed shirt. It was a steal. 

First of all, it’s vintage western

Secondly, GEOMETRIC YES OMG

Lastly, the colors are what delighted me the most


At first glancing the garment, I fell in love with this. It wasn't my size so I couldn't have it; so I forced Sam to buy it (the seven dollars were definitely worth it). The magic in this fabric called for immediate photographing. We went to the Clarion Alley since it was down the street from the thrift store where we found this treasure. The spontaneous shoot strived for a theme of urban decadence contrasting the vintage western. 

Would you wear an outfit like this? Are you into geometric clothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment